Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shop Vac Redemption

Feeling more than a little foolish about the trash bag in the shop vac, I took another shot at the concept.  I imagined that if I had a bag with a little more [m]ass, the suction would not pull the sides into the filter so easily.  I though about just adding some ballast to the bag, but this seemed a little like admitting defeat.  When working on a new foot stool for my niece, I remembered that I had replaced the filter-bag on my dust collector with a less permeable one.  I had kept the original bag and it fit nice and snug into the shop vac canister.  I added a pair of my daughters tights to the filter for extra filter life and the system does work well after much more extensive testing.  So, I can now recommend this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment